BSS (Hons) in Disaster and Human Security Management (DHSM)
- Intake : Once in a Year
- Application Duration : 01 September 2018 -10 October 2018
- Opening Convocation : 02 January 2019
- Class Start : 06 January 2019
- Method of Application : Online
- Course Duration : Years: 04 Semester: 08
- Total Credit Hours : 126
- Total Course Fee : 151000.00 (One Lakh Fifty One Thousand Taka Only)
Eligibility for Admission
(1) A candidate must pass SSC/ equivalent and HSC/ equivalent examinations in any discipline/group.
(2) Candidates of Science Group must have a total GPA 8.50 in SSC/Equivalent and HSC/Equivalent examination with minimum GPA 4.00 in each of the examination.
(3) Candidates of Business Studies Group must have a total GPA 8.25 in SSC/Equivalent and HSC/Equivalent examination with minimum GPA 3.75 in each of the examination.
(4) Candidates of Humanities Group must have a total GPA 7.75 in SSC/Equivalent and HSC/Equivalent minimum with minimum GPA 3.75 in each of the examination.
(5) Candidates of General Certificate of Education (GCO) O and A level must pass in minimum 05 (five) and 02 (two) subjects respectively. Among these 07 (seven) subjects candidate must have minimum B Grade in 04 (four) subjects and minimum C Grade in 03 (three) subjects having minimum 26.5 points in total based on following scale:
(6) Candidates of International Baccalaureate (IB) must pass in minimum 06 (six) subjects having minimum 30 points based on rating scale used in their curriculum (7,6,5,4,3). Rating of 1 and 2 will not be considered in point calculation.
(7) Candidates applying for admission in department of Disaster & Human Security Management as 1st choice must answer Mathematics, English and General Knowledge of the question paper.
(8) Candidates applying for admission in the department of Disaster & Human Security Management must be qualified from Science group in SSC/equivalent examination. Candidates must have studied Higher Mathematics/Statistics in HSC/equivalent examination and obtained minimum"A-" (A minus) grade.
Admission Test Syllabus
- 1. English - 40 Marks 2. General Knowledge - 30 Marks 3.Bangla/Mathematics - 30 Marks
- (1) Written Test=65%, (2) Viva-voce=10%, (3) HSC Result=15% and SSC Result=10% (Total=100%)