Faculty of Science & Technology (FST)
Sharmin Yousuf Rikta
Name (English): Sharmin Yousuf Rikta
Name (Bangla): শারমিন ইউসুফ রিক্তা
Department: Faculty of Science & Technology (FST)
Appointment Type: Permanent
Blood Group: O-
Details of Education
MSc in Environmental Water Magagement (Cranfield University, UK) MS in Environmental Sciences (Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh) BSc in Environmental Sciences (Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh)
Academic Achievement & Awards1. Selected for President Gold Medal Award for university highest score (CGPA) in BSc (Honor) level. 2. Awarded with Prime Minister Gold Medal Award 2013 for faculty highest result in BSc (Honor) level. 3. Awarded with Commonwealth Shared Scholarship, UK 2015-2016. 4. Awarded with UGC Merit Scholarship 2012-2013. 5. Awarded with National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Bangladesh, 2014-2015. 6. Awarded with Jahangirnagar University Merit Scholarship 2009-2012. 7. Awarded with Faculty Highest Scorer Grant (1st Year B.Sc result) by “Aklima Anowara Trust Fund Scholarship” - 2012. 8. Awarded with Postgraduate (MS) Research Scholarship by Jahangirnagar University, funded by Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP) - a project of University Grants Commission of Bangladesh, Ministry of Education, Bangladesh- 2014.
1. Field Researcher and Volunteer of Canal & River Trust, UK from May 2016- September 2016. 2. Field Researcher and Volunteer of Environment Agency, UK from March 2016- May 2016. 3. Research Assistant in HEQEP project (Strengthening postgraduate research by establishing wastewater research unit) from January 2014- December 2014. 4. Field Researcher and Volunteer of Waste to Biogas project funded by JICA and Grameen Shakti, 2013.
Number of Books Published: 0
Details of Books Published:
Number Of Publication: 14
Details Of Publication:
- Facile synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticle and synergistic effect of iron nanoparticle in the presence of sunlight for the degradation of DOM from textile wastewater. Applied Water Science, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13201-018-0719-5.
- Toxic metals (Ni2+, Pb2+, Hg2+) binding affinity of dissolved organic matter (DOM) derived from different ages municipal landfill leachate. Applied Water Science, https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13201-018-0642-9.
- Drinking water quality assessment from ground water sources in Noakhali, Bangladesh. International Journal of Development and Sustainability, 7(5),1676-1687, 2018. ISSN: 2186-8662.
- Assessment of physicochemical parameters and distribution of humic substances in groundwater of Bangladesh. BUP Journal, 5(2), 94-105, 2017.
- Impacts of Engineered Nanoparticles (ENPs) on Aquatic Organisms and Public Health. Journal of Desalination and Water Purification, 6:3-8, 2017.
- Physicochemical Composition of the Household Solid Waste and Prospect for Biogas Production. Journal of Environmental Science & Natural Resources, 9(2), 151-154, 2016.
- Lead polluted hotspot: environmental implication of unplanned industrial development. Present Environment & Sustainable Development, 10(1), 51-60, 2016.
- Evaluation of water quality parameters and Humic substance status of Bangshi, Dhaleshwari and Padma Rivers in Bangladesh. International Journal of Environmental Science, 6(6), 1129-1139, 2016.
- Production of Eco-friendly Handmade Paper from The Waste Paper Generated in Municipalities of Dhaka City, Bangladesh. EurAsia Waste Management Symposium, 2-4 May 2016.
- Engineered Nanoparticles (ENPs) in the Aquatic Environment: A Review. International Research Journal of Environmental Science, 5(3), 75-79, 2016.
- Photodegradation of Textile Effluent Using Solar Radiation. International Journal of Environmental Protection and Policy, 3(2-1), 14-18, 2015.
- Seasonal Variations in Water Quality of the Ganges and Brahmaputra River, Bangladesh. Journal of Jahangirnagar University Environmental Bulletin (Peer-Reviewed), 2, 75-86, 2013. http://banglajol.info/info/index.php/JUEB.