Faculty of Science & Technology (FST)
Name (English): Mahbub Alam
Name (Bangla): মাহবুব আলম
Department: Faculty of Science & Technology (FST)
Designation: Lecturer - DES
Appointment Type: Permanent
Blood Group: O+
Details of Education
1. M.Sc. in Environmental Science and Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. 2. M.Sc. in Environmental Sciences, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh. 3. B.Sc. (Hons.) in Environmental Sciences, Jahangirnagar University, Bangladesh. Awards and Achievements: 1. Graduate Scholarship Programme for International Student (MSc Program), funded by TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey), 2015-2017. 2. Awarded with National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Bangladesh, 2014-2015. 3. Awarded with Jahangirnagar University Merit Scholarship 2009-2012.
1. Brand Ambassador (Part Time), Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), Istanbul, Turkey, August 2016- October 2016. 2. Junior Program Associate (Full Time), Environment and Social Development Organization (ESDO), Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 2015 - March 2015. 3. Volunteer, Project Environment (a concern of Communication Network), Dhaka, Bangladesh, June 2011 - December 2014. 4. Intern (Education Resource Developer), Bangla Resource, Dhaka, Bangladesh, May 2012 - June 2012.
Number of Books Published: 0
Details of Books Published:
Number Of Publication: 13
Details Of Publication:
1. Ferdous, J., Paul, D., Howlader, M. S. U., Alam, M., Hossain, M. S., 2019. A Study of Relationship between Dietary Habits and Cancer Patients Status in a Bangladeshi Population. International Journal of Health Sciences & Research 9(2): 22-26
2. Alam. M., Rikta, S. Y., Bahauddin, K., Hasnine, T., Kamal, A. K. I., 2018. Production of eco-friendly handmade paper from wastepaper and other local biomass material. Acad. J. Environ. Sci. 6(7): 147-155. DOI:10.15413/ajes.2018.0128
3. Alam, M. and Bahauddin. K. M., 2015. Electronic Waste in Bangladesh: Evaluating the Situation, Legislation and Policy and Way Forward with Strategy and Approach. DE GRUYTER, Present Environment and Sustainable Development. 9 (1), 81 101, ISSN (Online) 2284-7820. DOI: 10.1515/pesd-2015-0005
4. Ahmed, Z., Alam, M., Rahman, S. H., Ahmed, S. S., Hoque, M. J. and Meem, R. A. 2015. An Integrated Environmental Assessment of Hakaluki Haor Ecosystem Using DPSIR Framework: A Case Study on Moulovibazar District of Bangladesh. American Research Thoughts - an international multidisciplinary journal, 1 (6), 1631-1650.
5. Rikta, S. Y., Alam, M., Hossain, K. F. B. and Tareq, S. M., 2015. Photodegradation of Textile Effluent Using Solar Radiation. International Journal of Environmental Protection and Policy. Special Issue: Advances in Environmental Researches. 3 (2-1), 14-18. doi: 10.11648/j.ijepp.s.2015030201.13
6. Alam, M., Mahmud, S., Ahmed, F., Hasan, M. E., Kamal, A. K. I. and Meem, R. A., 2015. An Overview of Squander Thermoplastic or Thermoplastic Elastomer Recycling Facility and Challenges for Dhaka City, Bangladesh; American Research Thoughts - an international multidisciplinary journal, 1 (11), 2767-2779.
7. Kamal, A. K. I., Ahmed, F., Alam, M. and Uddin, M. N., 2015. Removal of Methylene Blue Dye by Burned Coal from Brick Field and Eggshell as an Adsorbent, Journal of Biodiversity and Environmental Sciences (JBES), 6 (2), 148-155.
8. Ahmed, F., Ahmed, F., Islam, M. R., Kamal, A. K. I. and Alam, M., 2015. Sanitation and Environmental Status of Near By Village around the Industrial Activities of Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ), Bangladesh, Int. Res. J. Environment Sci, 4(5), 1-5.
9. Alam, M., Hasnine, M. T. and Liza, T. A., 2014. An Evaluation of Environmental and Social Impact Due to Industrial Activities -A Case Study of Bangshi River around Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ), Bangladesh, Int. Res. J. Environment Sci, 3(2), 103-111.
1. Alam, M., Arikan, O. A., Demir, I., Yuksel, E and Gunaydin, O., 2017: Anaerobic Digestions of Dairy Manure – A Review. International Conference on Civil and Environmental Engineering (ICOCEE) – Cappadocia 2017, May 8-10, Nevsehir, Turkey
2. Alam, M., Rikta, S. Y., Hasnine, M. T., Ahmed, F. and Kamal, A. K. I., 2016: Production of Eco-friendly Handmade Paper from The Waste Paper Generated in Municipalities of Dhaka City, Bangladesh. EurAsia Waste Management Symposium, 2-4 May 2016, Istanbul, Turkey
3. Hasnine, M. T., Bilgili, M. S., Bahauddin, K. M., Engin, G., Alam, M. and Afrin, T., 2016: Exploring the Challenge and Scope of Solid Waste Management: A Comparative Analysis of Bangladesh and Turkey. EurAsia Waste Management Symposium, 2-4May 2016, YTU 2010 Congress Center, Istanbul/Turkey
1. National Report on Lead in Enamel Household Paints in Bangladesh-2015 [Research Team: Siddika Sultana, Pratitee Kamal, Mahbub Alam, Md. Kawser Uddin Maruf. Published as part of the Asian Lead Paint Elimination Project. Supported by the European Union’s SWITCH Asia Programme. [Copyright© ESDO & IPEN, 2015, all rights reserved.]