Faculty of Science & Technology (FST)
Name (English): Fowzia Ahmed
Name (Bangla): ফৌজিয়া আহমেদ
Department: Faculty of Science & Technology (FST)
Designation: Lecturer - Environme
Appointment Type: Permanent
Blood Group: B+
Details of Education
• MSc in Environmental Sciences, Jahangirnagar University. • BSc (Honors) in Environmental Sciences, Jahangirnagar University. Research interest: Climate change, Bioremediation, Heavy metal analysis, Environmental Microbiology, Public health Achievement & Awards • Received “University Grants Commission Scholarship (2017)” for 2nd position in Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Science for Bachelor of Science (BSc) result. • Received “National Science and Technology” research grants (government awarded) for Post-graduation thesis work in 2016. • Received “University Merit Grants” from Jahangirnagar University in respected years 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 for the yearly result. • Received the Gold Award of “Duke of Edinburgh International Award” (2015)” for the leading youth-based environmental organization in Bangladesh and participated in International exchange programme. • Received Bangla Mountaineering and Trekking Club (BMTC) grants (2016) for completing Basic Mountaineering training in Nehru Institute of Mountaineering (NIM), Uttarkashi, India.
Founder, Ex-President and Student Advisor of “Nature Conservation Initiative (NCI)”, a leading youth environmental organization which is working on environmental issues & conservation of nature.
Number Of Publication: 0
Details Of Published:
Number Of Publication: 3
Details Of Publication:
1. “Degradation of Diesel and Phenol Using Bacteria Isolated from Petroleum Hydrocarbon contaminated oil”.Bangladesh Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research (BJSIR). 53(1), 1-8, 2018.
2. Oral presentation at International Conference on Urban Health (2015) on “Occupational Health Hazards of workers of tannery industries in Hazaribagh, Dhaka, Bangladesh”.
3. Poster presentation at Symposium on Environmental Chemistry for Securing Water Quality (2017) on “Characterization of wastewater of Hazaribagh Tannery area, Dhaka, Bangladesh”.
4. Poster presentation on SERVIR Himalaya Youth Forum: Empowering Youth with Earth Observation Information for Climate Actions in Bangladesh (2014) on “Impact of Climate Change in Saint Martin’s Island in Bangladesh.”
5. Poster presentation at International Conference on Water Resource in South Asia: Conflict to Cooperation (2013) on “Present Situation of Groundwater Level in Bangladesh”.
- BSc Thesis: Degradation of Diesel and Phenol Using Bacteria Isolated from Petroleum Hydrocarbon Contaminated Soil.
- MSc Thesis: Accumulation and Translocation of Chromium (Cr) and Lead (Pb) in Different Parts of Chili (Capsicum annuum L.) Grown on Artificially Contaminated Soil.