BSc (Hons) in Environmental Science (BES)
- Intake : Once in a Year
- Application Duration : ---
- Opening Convocation : 02 January 2019
- Class Start : 06 January 2019
- Method of Application : Online
- Course Duration : Years: 04 Semester: 08
- Total Credit Hours : 144
- Total Course Fee : 1,76,200.00 (One Lac Seventy Six Thousand and Two Hundred Taka Only)
Eligibility for Admission
To be eligible for admission in Environmental Science program of BUP, a candidate must pass SSC and HSC examinations or its equivalent in Science discipline. A candidate who has passed HSC or equivalent examination in the current year or a year before is allowed to apply.
a. Review of Minimum Requirement.
Depending upon the requirement and prevailing circumstances in each academic year, the Academic Council may review the minimum requirements of candidates prior to approval of admission policy of each year.
b. Selection Process Detail.
Selection of candidates is made basing on their standing in the combined merit list. The selection process that is followed in BUP is:
i. Written Admission Test. All candidates are required to attend a written admission test of 65% marks, where he/she will have to qualify. The test is conducted on the subjects covering Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
ii. Communication Test (Interview/Viva-Voce). The candidates are selected for communication test based on their written test result. Panels of faculty members take the communication test/interview, which carry 10% marks.
iii. Marks from Past Previous Examinations. The results of previous public examination will carry 25% marks, where 15% is from HSC and equivalent and 10% from SSC and equivalent. The marks are calculated in a simple linear distribution method from candidates' GPA.
Admission Test Syllabus
- Candidates will have to sit for written test (MCQ) of 70 marks. The marks distribution is as follows:
(a) Mathematics – 25
(b) Physics – 20
(c) Chemistry – 15
(d) English - 10
- (1) Written Test=65%, (2) Viva-voce=10%, (3) HSC Result=15% and SSC Result=10% (Total=100%)