Faculty of Science and Technology (FST)
Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) started as Faculty of Technical and Engineering Studies (FTES) in 2012. It took its present name in 2014. Currently, there are two departments offering B. Sc. (Honours) programmes under this faculty. Department of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) commenced in 2015. Department of Environmental Science (ENV) commenced in 2017.
Running Departments under FST are as follows:
1. Department of Information and Communication Technology
2. Department of Environmental Science
To achieve the desired level of excellence, the FST emphasizes on the followings:
- A meticulous admission and selection process for best possible screening.
- Interactive sessions in the classroom and uninterrupted curriculum.
- Effective teaching through innovative methods blended with latest trends and developments happening in the world.
- Competent internal faculties with the flexibility of outsourcing expert resource persons.
- Regular guest lectures and visits to organizations.
- Well-thought and continuous feedback and assessment system.
- A culture of discipline, punctuality and commitment.
- Emphasis on Code of Conduct and Dress Code.
- Focus on developing the students as a good human being with all possible attributes of a successful future leader.
- A tranquil and external turbulence free secured campus life.
Now FST is running the following programmes:
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Environmental Science
- Master in Information and Communication Technology (MICT)
- Master (M.Sc. Engr. /M Engr.) in Information and System Security (MISS)
- Master in Environmental Science (MENV)
- Certificate Course on Information and System Security (CISS)
- CISCO Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)
Number of Students
The number of seats for the above programmes is 50 in each section. Only the Department of Information and Communication Technology has two sections with the seat capacity of 50 for each section. The number of students in current semesters for individual departments is as follows:
1. B.Sc. (Honours) in ICT-356 (77 in Batch 2015, 77 in Batch 2016, 98 in Batch 2017 & 104 in Batch 2018)
- i) MICT-100 (43 in Batch 2017 & 53 in Batch 2018)
- ii) MISS-118 (54 in Batch 2017 & 64 in Batch 2018)
2. B.Sc. (Honours) in ENV-97 (48 in Batch 2017 & 49 in Batch 2018)
- i) MENV-22 (22 in Batch 2018)
All the programmes of FST are conducted by a group of highly esteemed and qualified faculty members. There are 15 in-house and 22 adjunct faculties engaged in imparting lessons to the students.
In future the faculty has a plan to launch some more departments and start programmes related to higher degrees with a view to keeping pace with the need of the modern technological development in the job market. This will enhance students learning and engagement which would enable BUP to achieve accreditation standard like other universities.