For the admission to the MPhil Programme, candidates must have the following qualifications:
1. 04 years Honours & 01 year Master Degree / 03 years Honours & 01 year Master Degree / 03 years Bachelor Degree & 01 year Master Degree / 02 years Bachelor Degree & 02 years Master Degree / MBBS/ Engineering.
2. Candidates must have 1st division or GPA-5 out of 5 both in SSC and HSC.
3. Candidates must have 55% marks or CGPA-3.50 out of 4 both in Under-graduate and Post-graduate programmes.
4. Candidates having any of the above degree from private university of Bangladesh or from any foreign university should apply first to Equivalence Committee of Centre for Higher Studies and Research (CHSR), BUP for necessary approval. For equivalence required fees are applicable.
5. Candidates must have at least 02 years of teaching/research work experience in a recognized degree level educational institution or at least 05 years of job experience in government/private/autonomous/semi autonomous body/institutions.
Special notes for Mphil Programme
1. Requirement and terms may be relaxed for the candidates having adequate experience in the relevant field with a good research proposal.
2. Candidate having 3rd division/class and equivalent GPA/CGPA at any public examination cannot apply for admission.
3. Candidate registered with any university (including BUP) in any programme cannot apply for admission.