The MSS program ensures that a student has a comprehensive grasp in Microeconomics analysis and Macroeconomics analysis as well as other courses to acquire knowledge of advanced level and enter in the careers of their respective choices.
• To disseminate advanced level of knowledge in Microeconomics and Macroeconomics theory and application.
• To equip a student with knowledge of empirical analysis for conducting research at field level.
• To ensure that students have enough grip on economics while pursuing PhD in economics
• To ensure that students have enough knowledge on economics for their career in non-academic environment.
• To ensure that student is passionate about learning and applying economics in their life and for betterment of the country.
The MSS program prepares students for high-level professional careers in government, industry and research organization or further study for the PhD degree.
The ultimate vision of this program is to enhance the student's capacity for economic analysis by a thorough grounding in economic theory and the persistence on balance between theory and applications.
The objectives of this course are to enable the students to- The main objective of the course is to make students be able to apply the tools of advanced microeconomic theory to understand and model strategic decision making. Prepare the student for a better understanding of the concepts of the other applied courses in economics Understand and relate the real-life problems through the well understanding of the theoretical concepts.
Content will be updated soon.
Main Reference • Microeconomic Theory by Andreu Mas–Colell, Michael D. Whinston and Jerry R. Green, Oxford University Press. 1995 • Game Theory for Applied Economists. Robert Gibbons. Princeton University Press. 1992. • Game Theory Lecture Notes. Matthew Hoelle, Purdue University.2014 • Strategy and Game Theory: Practice Exercises with Answers. Munoz-Garcia, F. and D. Toro-Gonzalez. Springer Verlag
It is aimed at providing a strong background in the field of graduate macroeconomics. It enables students to be familiarized with the models of economic growth, consumption and investment theory, business cycles and labor markets.
On successful completion of this course students will be able: 1 To gain confidence with the basics of Advanced Macroeconomic Theory 2 To develop analytical skills 3 To develop organizational skills 4 To develop both independent learning and group work skills 5 To develop verbal and non-verbal communication skills 6 To successfully use macroeconomics in economics and business applications.
1. Lars Ljungqvist and Thomas J. Sargent, Recursive Macroeconomics Theory, 2nd edition, The MIT Press (2004) 2. Thomas Cooley, Frontiers of Business Cycle Research, Princeton University Press (1995) 3. Romer, D. Advanced Macroeconomics, 4th edition, McGraw-Hill. 4. Blanchard, O. & S. Fischer. Lectures on Macroeconomics, MIT Press.