Applications are invited for admission to MPhil and PhD programs. The fields or areas in which these programs are offered:
a. Management, Accounting, Finance & Banking and Marketing.
b. English, Public Administration, Economics, Sociology, Disaster & Human Security Management and Development Studies.
c. Peace, Conflict & Human Rights, International Relations, Mass Communication & Journalism, Law and Security.
d. Computer Science & Engineering, Information & Communication Engineering and Environmental Science.
e. Medical Science in the field of Public Health and preventive medicine only.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO PhD PROGRAMME
For the admission to the PhD Program, candidates must have the following qualifications:
a. For MPhil Qualified Candidates
(1) The candidate should be MPhil qualified either from BUP or any reputed university. However, candidates having MPhil degree from Private University should apply to Central Equivalence Committee of BUP for necessary approval.
(2) Candidates must have 02 years of teaching experience in a recognized degree level educational institution or at least two years of research work experience from any recognized research institution or at least five years job experience at government/private/autonomous/ semi-autonomous body/ institutions.
(3) Candidates must have at least 02 research-oriented publications in the related subject in recognized national or international journal with ISSN.
b. For Candidates who are not MPhil Qualified
(1) If without MPhil, candidates having 3/4 year Honours and 1 year Master’s degree can apply. However, candidates having Honours and Master’s degree from private universities of Bangladesh will have to get him/herself admitted into MPhil Program of BUP first.
(2) Candidates must have 1st division or GPA 4.00 out of GPA 5.00 in SSC/equivalent and HSC/equivalent.
(3) Candidates must have 55% marks or CGPA 3.25 (out of 4.00) for literature related subjects/ CGPA 3.50 (out of 4.00) for other subjects from BUP or other recognized universities in Under-graduate and Post-graduate programs.
(4) Candidates must have at least 05 years of teaching experience in a recognized degree level educational institution or 05 years of research work experience in a recognized research institution or at least 08 years of job experience in government/private/autonomous /semi-autonomous body/institutions.
(5) Candidates must have at least 02 research-oriented publications in the related subjects in a peer reviewed or recognized national or international journal with ISSN.
(6) Candidates having MS in Engineering or MBBS degree with above mentioned qualifications may also apply.
SPECIAL NOTES FOR MPhil AND PhD PROGRAMME
1. Requirements and terms may be relaxed for the candidates having adequate experience in the relevant field with a good research proposal.
2. Candidates having 3rd division/class and equivalent GPA/CGPA at any public examination need not to apply.
3. Candidates registered with any university (including BUP) in the same program (MPhil/PhD) cannot apply for admission.
1. Application Form can be downloaded from the “Admissions > Postgraduate Program > Apply > Master of Philosophy (MPhil)/Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) > Apply Now > Apply for MPhil and PhD Programs” link of BUP website (www.bup.edu.bd) or can be collected from the Centre for Higher Studies and Research (CHSR), Room No.: 1214, 12th Floor, Academic Block of BUP.
2. Application Processing Fee amounting Tk. 6,000.00 (Non-refundable) must be deposited at any branch of Trust Bank Limited, in favor of Centre for Higher Studies and Research, BUP (A/C Number: 0028-0210008998), Mirpur Branch, Trust Bank Limited. After deposition, please collect the Transaction ID from the bank and endorse it in serial 17 of the application form.
3. Application (Hard copy) with required documents must be submitted to “Centre for Higher Studies and Research (CHSR)”, Room No.-1214, 12th Floor, Academic Block of BUP.
4. Candidates have to attach the following documents along with the application:
a. Approval letter from the employer or from the appropriate authority for the candidates who are working in a public or private organization.
b. Five copies of passport-size photo- Lab print with mat paper (Civics).
c. Attested copies of all academic marks/grade sheets/transcripts.
d. Attested copies of all academic certificates.
e. Evidence letter/certificate of related research work/teaching/other service experiences.
f. Original copy of bank deposit Slip for application processing.
g. Original copy of bank deposit slip for certificate equivalence (If applicable)
h. Application of certificate equivalence (If applicable).
i. Hard copy(s) of published articles (MPhil applicants may also attach).
j. Original copy of the Migration Certificate must be submitted during final admission time.
k. 08 (Eight) copies of synopsis on the proposed title of research covering the following heads:
4. Problem statement.
5. Rationale of the study.
6. Research Questions or Hypothesis.
7. Research Objectives.
8. Literature Review.
9. Research Gap.
a. Candidates may prepare the research proposal/synopsis in consultation with an academician having PhD from reputed public/private university/research organization.
b. The Length/Size of the Synopsis should not exceed 5 Pages (A-4 Size) and Font Size should be 12 and Times New Roman.
c. Download the applicant’s information form (MS word doc) from the admission link (see page no.3) & send the softcopy at firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Use your personal mobile no & e-mail ID in the application form.
5.For any query, please email at email@example.com
6.For more clarification following numbers may be reached between 09:00 am to 01:45 pm during working days (Sunday – Thursday):
a. 01769028741 (Asst. Programme Coordinator, MPhil Programme)
b. 01769028742 (Asst. Programme Coordinator, PhD Programme)
c. 01769028740 (Programme Coordinator, MPhil & PHD Programme)
a. Application will be treated as canceled for hiding/providing incorrect information at any stage of admission.
b. CHSR, BUP reserves the right to cancel/amend any information/instructions given in this advertisement.
c. Certificate Equivalence Fee: Candidates with Bachelor/Masters/MPhil degree obtained from a foreign university/private university in Bangladesh are requested to pay the certificate equivalence fee as follows:
No. Name of Degree Equivalence Fee Remarks
Private University of BD Any Foreign University
1 Diploma/Bachelor/Honours 7,000.00 9,000.00
2 Masters 8,000.00 12,000.00
3 MPhil/PhD - 14,000.00